Views: Thinking Hat...

Friday, December 16, 2005

Thinking Hat...

It may have crossed our mind many times to follow our heart and just do what we think is right... but we don't. I always find myself going through the thinking process and starts to make mental calculations and consider all the 'what if' scenarios. Not surprising, in most circumstances, the answers will be NO.

A few months ago a friend suddenly invited me to join him and a few others for a short weekend trip to Kuching. It was only a few days before the trip when I was notified about the plan. To make full use of the very short trip, the team proposed that a very early morning flight be taken from KLIA (and the fare turned out to be cheaper too). As usual, I went through a number of mental arithmetics before finally said the unusual YES.

Morale of the story ? I found it useful to occasionally remove the good old thinking hat and do something that I don't normally do. I'm not suggesting for anyone to break any rules here but to try and break from our routine way of looking at things. It widens the horizon and make us more open to different views ....

Try to wear a different hat and see how it fits you !

(Written on 7th August 2001)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

[ View Guestbook ] [ Sign Guestbook ]
Get a FREE guestbook here!